Howdy! Jay Moores here. Being a Gemini, I have two different sides of myself I’d like to share with you all: The real and the virtual.
Here at JEMTOY.com I showcase my handcrafted items that I make here in my art studio. I have taught art since 1984 and over time have become a materials expert. I work in all media from paper to plastic, metal to wood. I love to make resin toys, and I design for laser cut wood, which merges computer based scalable vector graphics with hands on crafting.
The JEMoores.com site has all my published items that can be downloaded online in various formats. Everything from my books on Kindle, like: How To Make Resin Toys, Print Cut Fold Glue Paper Toy Templates, Android and iOS video games, and home recorded original MP3 music.
Education and Experience
- Rhode Island School of Design Summer Session 1981
- Falmouth High Grad 1982
- Portland Regional Vocational Tech Center 2 year degree: Communication Design 1982
- Maryland Institute College of Art 4 year BFA: Sculpture 1986
- The Plains Gallery, Portland ME represented my art 1986-1989
- Arts and crafts counselor, Maine 18 summers between 1984-2019
- Painted backdrops, Photographics of Hayward CA 1991-96
- Set building assistant, Luedeman’s Manhattan NY 1996-98
- The A Gallery NOHO, NY showed my Haunted Doll Houses 1997-98
- Art educator Snug Harbor Cultural Center, Staten Island NY 1996-98
- Interactive Displays for Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences 1996-98
- In 2001-Present: I founded Iconacraft Web Services and continue to work from home in various media